- About Arm Chaps®
About Arm Chaps®
Arm Chaps are sold in pairs. Each pair comes with a "Unique" Left & Right Arm Chap.
Be sure to check out our Videos tab to see Arm Chaps "In Action".....they definitely can take some abuse!!!
Arm Chaps leather arm protection sleeves are Patented and have a registered Trademark in the USA, Canada, and Europe. They are designed to cover the forearm from just below the elbow to the large knuckles of the hand, keeping the arm, wrist, and hand both protected and warm, along with providing wrist support. All fingers remain fully exposed, allowing you total freedom of finger movement for working in situations where gloves would need to be removed. You will find out for yourself that Arm Chaps are the Best, Most Comfortable, and Most Versatile forearm protection available!!
Arm Chaps have a convenient zipper that runs from the wrist bone area to the end of the Arm Chaps, allowing you to put-on or take-off the Arm Chaps quickly. Underneath the zipper is a leather guard, which prevents the skin from ever being caught or pinched by the zipper. Arm Chaps can be worn in either the zipped or unzipped position depending on how warm you want to be or whether you wish to tuck a shirt or coat sleeve inside them.
Compared to leather cuffs, leather arm bands, or gauntlets; Arm Chaps provide added benefits such as: A "Contour Design" that form-fitsto the hand and forearm providing a very comfortable fit; Supports the wrist better due to the leather tying the hand, wrist, and forearm together effectively supporting wrist movement; Also by covering a larger area of the forearm, you're now covering your arteries which will help you stay warmer. Now, by keeping your wrist supported, warm, and shielded from the elements, Arm Chaps will help keep wrist aches away. Another comparison between Arm Chaps and the standard leather cuffs or leather arm bands is that the cuffs and bands can rotate/spin on your wrists often removing hair off your arms, and they provide very little wrist support, whereas Arm Chaps will not rotate/spin on your arms and will provide moderate wrist support.
The highest quality is designed into every Arm Chaps feature including: years of refined styling, a high grade of leather ("Semi-Aniline", Natural Cow Drum Dry Mill), high-density double stitching (triple in some areas), rugged YKK zippers and superior overall craftsmanship. Proper sizing of the Arm Chaps assures a comfortable fit, while still allowing the skin to breathe.
Arm Chaps are not lined, giving you maximum breath-ability during those hot summer days. During the colder months, Arm Chaps can be worn either inside or outside of shirt and jacket sleeves offering extra warmth, protection, and wrist support.
Arm Chaps are by far, the most versatile type of arm protection on the market today. The tough, but soft leather prevents most any type of cut, scratch, bruises, or burns that occur in everyday life and in the hundreds of occupations where your arms can get total beat up. Whether working with thorny plants, trees, brush, or anything that will scratch your arm up, you need to try this product and be amazed first hand how you simply do not feel any of the elements touching your arms. It absolutely makes your day go so much better!!! Arm Chaps are super easy to Put On and be worn (just like a glove), they come off easy, they stay out of the way while you're doing your work, they allow your skin to breath, and you will likely forget you're wearing them because they are so comfortable. So many products out there are uncomfortable, clumsy to wear, annoying to the point of making your skin itch, hamper your movement doing various tasks, and you will never forget you're wearing them.
Now, for those that have very thin skin or bruise easily on the arms, you are going to love this product. Even people with Actinic Purpura, Solar Purpura, or Batemans Purpura.... will find that Arm Chaps will help prevent you from getting the bruises in the first place. If you already have bruises, you will find that Arm Chaps protect those bruises which will heal quicker because they'll be protected. Every Osteopathic Dermatologist out there should become familiar with this product to help their patients. Arm Chaps are the "perfect" protective sleeve for thin skin, and the "perfect" protective sleeve for bruising.
For those on Dialysis, the Arm Chaps work very well as a protective arm band and are perfect for protecting your Fistula.
Here's more information on how Arm Chaps provide wrist support differently than typical wrist support device--- Most of you are familiar with the typical wrist support devices that look like a sleeve with tightening straps. These devices apply pressure directly against your wrist area much like a splint or a cast. These devices prevent almost all wrist movement, muscle movement, and tend to get uncomfortable and itchy after a short period of time because the skin doesn't get a chance to breathe. These are significant drawbacks if worn for any length of time. Another major drawback from this restricted muscle/wrist movement over time, is that it causes the wrist area to weaken and will likely cause the wearer to need some kind of physical therapy to re-strengthen those muscles. This type of wrist support may be needed in severe situations and Arm Chaps should not be used for these types of situations. Rather, Arm Chaps were designed more for the situations shown on this website where there isn't the need for extreme restricted wrist movement. Arm Chaps provide a comfortable degree of moderate wrist support that's helpful in preventing the aches and pains that come from day to day situations where the wrist feels strained or is just aching due to a history of wrist problems.
Below are pictures of a relaxed wrist without Arm Chaps, and the same relaxed wrist with Arm Chaps. Notice the wrist doesn't bend as far due to the leather tying the hand and forearm together. No pressure is applied to the wrist other than the comfortable fit of the leather.
Various Arm Chaps® Uses (Short List)
- Tree Services / Lumberjacks / Loggers
- Clean-up crews & volunteers that help with clean-up (glass, wood, metal) after major storm damage!! (Disaster Relief)
- Landscapers & Hedge/Shrub trimmers & Pruning Activities & Grounds Keepers. Prevents muffler burn from weed eaters.
- Gardeners/Greenhouse workers working with Roses, Cacti, and many other thorny plants
- Fruit pickers (e.g., Apples / Oranges / Lemons / Olives / Berries, etc… dealing with thorny trees & bushes)
- Veterinarians, Animal Control, Animal Rescue, Pet Groomers that deal with animals with claws, talons, or biting animals
- Pet owners who love to play with their pets, but have to be extra cautious due to skin issues on hands/arms
- Farriers (specialists in horse hoof shoeing/grooming)
- Farmers & Ranchers of all types- whether working on machinery, fabrication projects, fencing, bailing, etc…
- Typical home owner doing yard work, clearing brush, cutting wood, carrying wood, gardening, etc…
- Rabbit farms, along with Poultry & other bird handlers
- Pipefitters and Boiler Operators working around hot pipes for heating systems
- Cold Storage workers & Meat Processing operations (cold room environments)
- Truck Stops/Truckers for driving or for maintaining their loads, and Tow Truck operators
- Mechanics of all types (e.g., Auto, Bus, Semi, Boat, Aircraft, Motorcycle, etc...)
- Quick Oil Change facilities dealing with confined areas with hot & sharp metal, and hot oil
- Muffler & Exhaust shops dealing with confined areas with hot & sharp metal, and cutting torches
- Package handlers such as UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service
- Bow & Gun enthusiasts while hunting in the woods and thick brush, climbing trees, crawling on the ground, etc...
- Moving Companies for furniture & appliances
- Handling boxes for inventory in warehouses or retail locations
- Restaurant workers dealing with hot ovens or large outdoor BBQ grills/ovens
- Building restoration or demolition companies dealing with splintered wood, broken glass, sharp metal edges
- Grinder & Metal workshop workers. This could include welders & Iron Workers & Blacksmiths
- Stone Cutters & Stone Masons
- Sheet metal & glass/window workers & Window Installers & Sandblasting workers
- Installers of Barbed wire (on farms), Razor wire (secure facilities), or any sharp-edged fencing
- Carpenters, brick layers, electricians, plumbers, painters, Stucco installers/removers, etc...
- Heavy equipment operators and road construction workers
- Glass blowing workers or people working near hot furnaces or hot ovens
- Manufacturing assembly line workers & High temp parts washing and fabricating machine workers
- Small aircraft pilots & Bush pilots & Hot air balloonists all flying in colder climates
- Motorcycle, snowmobile, go-cart, dirt bike, and ATV riders
- Sports: snowboarders, in-line skaters, skateboarders, or downhill/cross country skiers for wrist support
- Weightlifters & people who work out--- for wrist support & and to keep good warmth during workout
- Heating & Air Conditioner (HVAC) installers
- People who bruise easily (e.g., Aspirin users, Corticosteroid users, Blood Thinning medication users)
- People with very thin skin that easily tears & bleeds…. and helping to prevent infections
- Dialysis patients that need to protect their AV forearm fistula
- People who use crutches, forearm crutches, walkers for wrist support
- People with weak wrists (e.g., Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, or previously broken wrist)
- People with poor circulation or arthritis to help stay warm
- People very sensitive to sunlight due to over exposure. Their arms have to stay out of the sunlight
- People with “special needs” (e.g., biting themselves)
- People in Physical Therapy or Rehabilitation environments
- People in wheelchairs who would appreciate the extra comfort & cushion for their forearms
- People suffering from Raynaud’s Disease, where the fingers can feel numb & cold
- People dealing with Purpura on the hands and arms
- Rare cases that people don’t have feeling in their arms and can’t detect pain from burns or cuts
- Hot plastics mold injection operators…………. Plus many others.
Call if you have any questions (651-492-4830)